It’s just about hour 13 of the readathon, and though I’m far behind what I had intended, I shall make up for lost time during the evening hours. Just finished book one, so I’m stopping in to answer the mid-point survey before moving on.
1. What are you reading right now? Just finished Marjane Satrapi’s Persepolis. Incredibly powerful graphic novel about growing up in Iran during a very tumultuous period.
2. How many books have you read so far? Just the one, but let’s see what the night brings.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I’ve totally changed up my selections to better accomodate my reading habits today, so with the revision in mind, I’m looking forward to David Foster Wallace’s short story collection, Girl with Curious Hair.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Too many. Had to go to the supermarket, respond to some e-mails, work on some music, and take a dog for a walk. I did what I needed to do and squeezed in reading everywhere I could. Smart phones and Kindles are great.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? The support. The community. Both have been fantastic, and I wish I would have had the ability to be far more active today. These are my people!