I’m late, I’m late, and it’s a very important date.
I slept late after mixing, mastering, and uploading a friend’s songs very late into the night, but, damn it, I’ve spent the last few weeks growing a beard, and that means I’m not giving up that easy. It’s time to cover some serious ground.
So, the hour 1 intro meme. Let’s do it!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? New York City.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? David Foster Wallace’s “A Broom of the System,” as DFW is a ridiculous talent.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? It’s a bit boring, but pretzels have always been a favorite, really.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! After last night, I’ve found that I’ve become nocturnal and am easily sucked in to work.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Well, I can already tell you that I’ll be sure to select lighter reading on the next go around. Complex texts can be excellent, but they require much more attention and investment, I feel. Still, as a participant in my first readathon, I’m looking forward to taking part in a group effort and meeting readers from all over the world.